Sunday, July 3, 2011

Maternity Madness! - Guest Blogger

Helloooooo everyone! My name is Laura and I am one of the co-bloggers of All Things Beautyfull. My fellow blogger Amanda is off on vacation right now but I'm sure she sends her hellos from Asia, as I send you greetings from Vancouver, B.C.! When Daisy asked me to guest blog, I wasn't sure what I should do, since I'm not really quite in the motherhood stage just yet... but I decided since the blog that I share with Amanda is all about fashion, I might as well stick with what I regularly blog about... except with a maternity twist! HAHA. So here I am, and I shall be talking to you today about...
MATERNITY CLOTHES! 

Here are some tips for maternity clothes shopping:
1) BE A BORROWER! 
The first thing I would suggest when looking into maternity clothes is to try and borrow before you buy. You don't want to spend a whole lot on clothes that will probably only last you a few months. So it makes sense to ask around first to see if your friends/family have any maternity clothes or loose-fitting shirts that you could borrow or have. As an avid thrift store and bargain hunter, I would definitely go the cheap route and look for inexpensive alternatives to buying a ton of new maternity clothes.
2) FIND PANTS WITH AN ELASTIC WAIST!
When you do start becoming a little larger around the stomach area, the last thing you want to do is feel uncomfortable and restricted with a pair of tight jeans. Look for pants or skirts with an elastic band or drawstring waist so that you can easily adjust to your growing size. I think leggings could work too, under a dress or longer top.
3) DON'T COMPROMISE YOUR STYLE!
Just because you're becoming a mother doesn't mean you have to lose all sense of personal style! You can still accessorize with a pair of pretty earrings or a statement necklace. There are so many flowy silhouettes in fashion these days so even if you're pregnant, you can definitely put on a comfortable but eye-catching loose, printed dress. Add a little colour with a floral scarf or a bright, cheery cardigan.
Now for some pictures!
I love cardigans so I would keep wearing the ones I have, if I were pregnant (Uh... KEY WORD being "IF").  Since being pregnant means having a bigger tummy area, I suggest wearing cardigans unbuttoned with a looser shirt inside.
Under the cardigan, you could wear a comfortable, loose top like the one below that still has delicate lace details.
Here's another pretty pink top!
The maxi dress look is not for everyone but I can imagine a pregnant lady gracefully walking in one of these.
all images from Modcloth.com
Again... all these are just tips and suggestions. I guess you'll just have to wait to be at that maternity stage to see how the clothes shopping really goes.... but anyways, from one non-pregnant person to all of you readers out there, GOOD LUCK! =)

1 comment:

  1. It is important to consider the price value of maternity dresses before purchasing it. It should not be too expensive since it will be usable for the next 9 months of your pregnancy. By mix and match, you can create a maternity dress that will make you look stylish in your bump months.

    ReplyDelete