Friday, December 30, 2011

Shopping With My Baby Girl!!!


So I took my baby girl shopping for the first time today.  Yes, she's still in my tummy but I went shopping WITH her, FOR her!!!! 

Here's what Mommy bought Evelyn!!
Evelyn's FIRST book!!  This bunny stuffy is SO SOFT!!!!
One of my students gave me a gift card to Chapters for Christmas so
this was ALL free!!!
Went to Superstore/Joe Fresh and checked out the baby girl
stuff.  There was a MASSIVE clearance sale going on
for all Fall/Winter items!!! Average price for each piece here was
about $8...of not less!!!
Hats...$1.94 each!
Sweaters...$11 each!
Jeans...$9 each!
Vancouver Canucks onesies were from Collector's Den and they were
3 for $24.  Tops from Joe Fresh...$5 each! 
Jackets...$15 each!
Shoes....$4 and $7!
This dress was $12 and I think this would make a
great outfit for Thanksgiving 2012 don't you think?

So there you have it....SUCCESS first shopping trip (first of MANY to come!!) with my baby girl!!! All these clothes were sizes 6-12 months because she'll be 5 months in September so it'll be perfect!  My goal is to NEVER buy my children ANY clothes at regular price until they're about 15! The way I see it, if I plan ahead and buy for the year after, there's no reason why I can't shop the clearance section after each season and pick out classic pieces that will look good ANY year right??!!!  

5 comments:

  1. One thing I found with my kids, they never usually fit the size's when they were suppose to. Elli wore premie clothes till 3 month, then newborn till 6, then 0-3, and so on she got a size 3 coat last year didn't fit last winter, fits this year LOL and she is 4 right away. Gabe was big on the other hand newborn never fit he was in 0-3mo for a week, then 3mo for a week, then 3-6 for a week LOL He is still wearing his pants from last year because he was so fat at 1 year old he needed 18-24 mo pants to get around his waist and 2yr old shirts... he lost the weight and is taller now so they mostly fit some are even big in the waist now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way! Elli was over-due she wasn't pre-mature she was just little like 5lbs 8oz at birth and 18inches.... so if you expecting to have a small baby its nice to grab a few preemie things

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Ya the size thing totally depends on the child....but everything was just too good to pass up. Ed and I are both the first from both sides to have a baby and I have 3 sibling and he has 4....so if anything we can always pass them down!!!! I don't plan on buying any newborn-3mos stuff until after the baby shower cuz I probably will have enough by then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out Osh Kosh and Carters in the States too. Hit their clearance rack, and they often have 20% off the clearance rack sale, and then if you sign up on e-mail, you can get a 20% coupon off that as well. I clothed all 3 children with 20+ items recently for $120.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen I totally plan on doing that!!! I've been there a few times since we found out we were pregnant and OMG the stuff there is SO cute and SO well priced!!!!! I was just waiting to see what we were having before going down again....probably mid-late January??!!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete