Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Baby GIRL Preparations: Her Room!!!!

So now that we know we're having a baby girl....the fun begins!!! We pretty much were busy for the next 2 days after we found out (Dec 23rd) with Christmas dinners and family stuff but finally on the 26th we were able to sit and start thinking about all the things we need to do in preparation for our princess. 

Here's what we have so far......

BEDDING: 
So after checking out a TON of different girl bedding sets online (SO much easier to look around when you only have to search for ONE gender HAHA) here are the top 5 we like.....
I can't seem to find this one online anywhere....it's
Cocalo's Sienna...
This is one of our top choices out of the 5 but it's not available until January 2012
so we'll have to wait til then to see it in person before we decide. Lambs and Ivy's
Little Princess...how fitting right?
This is Ed's top pick out of the 5! Cocalo's Daniella.
This one's a bit more modern. Lambs and Ivy's Duchess.
I had liked this set for a boy (in blue of course) but it's cute in pink too!
Kids Line's Emma.
FURNITURE:
We know for sure we want WHITE furniture in her room.  Here's a few we like....
Love the sleigh cribs! Bily's Sydney.
The detail on this one is nice but I'm not a fan of the
pointy corners on top...I rather have it all smooth so
no one ever bumps into corners.  Storkcraft's Venetian.
I'm not sure if I like the bump up top? But perhaps with the type of bedding
we're wanting it will complement the look? Storkcraft's Monique.
I think this change table will match the Bily Sydney that
we like?  Storkcraft's Aspen Changetable.
This photo's dark and it's not in a nursery but I like this idea to replace
a drawer or chest.  I'd get nice white wicker baskets and sew (I'm sure I can
do it!!!) linings for them with fabrics that will complement the room.  Baby
things are tiny anyways and there's regular sized closet in the room so I think
this will be fine? Plus I like that you can put nice things on the top like photos
piggy banks and stuffed animals! Ikea's Expedit.

PAINT AND ROOM DECOR:
Once we decide on the bedding we will go to the paint store and choose the room's paint colours based on the colours of the bedding.  I think we will have 2 colours...again depending on the bedding.  Our trims are already white so we won't have to do anything...our house isn't even 2 years old so the paint is so fresh still.  Here are some more pics that have inspired us.....
We are definitely getting a mini chandelier of some sort.  Something that looks like this.
Leila Collection Plug-in Swag Chandelier.
I love this idea of white picture frames on one of the walls (possible
above the wall with the Ikea Expedit?).  All white but different!

I love the ideas of baskets on the floor for toys, books and stuff like that.
These types of tin baskets are nice too if I can find them in white and silver/nickel finishes!
Umm ya i LOVE this closet! Ours isn't as wide (it's standard size..2/3 of this one?)
I'd do the shelves in white and get similar baskets in pink?  Hmm maybe
we should paint the inside of the closet too!!!
These are a MUST have!!!!! TOO CUTE!!!!! Find them on Etsy! I'm pretty sure
I can get them custom made to match the bedding too!!!!!  
That's it for now...I'll update as I find more things to do to her room! We also went to set up our baby registry yesterday too!!!!  Evelyn is registered at....feel free to look it up and buy her something heheheheheheheh!!! 
104357 is our registry ID!

No comments:

Post a Comment