Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First OB Appointment Booked!!!

We've booked our very first OB visit for November 15th!!!!! The lady on the phone was SUPER nice and I'm SO excited to be going in finally after more than 2 months of not seeing/hearing/knowing ANYTHING about our baby!!!!  

When they called us they also mentioned to us that we can get a blood test done anytime from now til November 3rd which will help determine whether or not our baby has Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida.  She told us to think about whether or not this is something we want to do and I told her that I'd talk to my husband about it.  She is sending us requisition forms for those in the mail and if we decide we want to go ahead with it, we can just go right away.  I knew right away after I hung up that we probably wouldn't be doing it, but of course I wanted to talk to Ed about it first.  When Ed got home from work I told him and right away he said 'Umm, no.  Why do we need to know? It's not like it would change anything".  This made me REALLY happy because I felt the exact same way.  The way I see it is if the test come back positive, I'll be super stressed the rest of my pregnancy and probably not very happy.  It's not like we would ever choose NOT have the baby so really what's the point right?  So we have decided NOT to go forward with testing and just be happy with whatever God has in store for our family.  

The lady on the phone also told us to call and book our next ultrasound appointment NOW! She told us anytime after December 15th will be ok but don't go past that date too much (but really how can we when Christmas season is so close to it and the ultrasound place will probably be closed for a big chunk of time after the 23rd).  I CANNOT wait to know if we are having a boy or girl!!!!!  I checked a BUNCH of these Chinese Gender predictor charts (just for kicks cuz a few of my friends have told me it has worked for them) and ALL but one gave us a BOY! I think Ed really wants a boy first so I guess I want a boy too (honestly I really do NOT care!). 

CANNOT WAIT for all these appointments and ultrasounds coming up!! AHHH!!!! Second trimester is already SO much more fun than the first!!



No comments:

Post a Comment