Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pap Day!!


Today's the day! I'm going for my first Pap Smear ever.  Totally not looking forward to it but can't wait for it to be over as well.  Gonna rush home after work and take a quick shower (how gross would it be for the doctor when people don't??) and Ed's coming home right at 4 with Tobey and then we're off to the doctor's office!!  Hope the wait isn't too long and that the appointment will be quick!  I'll update when I get home about the experience!


---------------------------------


K so after my appointment yesterday we went to my mom's for dinner and didn't get back til late so I didn't have a chance to update!!  So the appointment went well!  In terms of pain it was painless til the end.  And a few hours after my pap my thighs are butt became sore (and still is!!).  I think I was just so tense during the entire time so my muscles are now all sore!  Ed was great he stood right next to me the entire time and I was grabbing his hand.  I'm so glad he was there cuz it was kind of a mini preview of what it might be when we deliver??  HAHA  


The doctor says that there's nothing as of now to be worried about and that we're a 'go' for baby making!  There's no history of any types of female cancer in my family so he's pretty sure the tests will most likely come back negative.  


He talked to us about how ovulation works and how I can best determine (without an ovulation kit) when I ovulate.  For once I can't wait til my next period later this month so I can count back 14 days and mark my ovulation time (it'll be give or take 5 days of the date I land on).  He also asked me about my periods and I told him that they're usually irregular (at least to my knowledge) and that I get cramps all the time.  He warned us that people with really irregular periods may have problems conceiving but reassured me that my periods are probably a lot more regular than I think they are.  1 month in between each is a long time and unless I've charted them religiously (which I haven't) it might SEEM like they're irregular because so much time has passed between each one.  So let's hope that won't be an issue!  After all my own mother and both grandmothers had a crazy number of kids (4, 6 and 6) without really even trying so I think my baby making genes are good?


So yesssss we're good to go!! Can't wait til my next period...which is so weird....and HOPEFULLY just MAYBEEEEE it might be my last one before I'm a mommy????  I sure hope so!!!!!!!  

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! You're a brave woman! I chickened out last week. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe that was your first one ever! you should get checked up every year - i missed one and oops, had a tumor :p
    so excited for you and ed btw! isn't it fun looking at all the cute baby stuff and imagining? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista: I know I know....I never knew it was that important!!! Gonna go EVRY year now!! Yes it's super exciting!! Hope we won't have to wait too long to announce something!!!!!!!!!! People usually wait til after the first trimester to tell people but you know me....I'll let everyone know when we know AHHA

    ReplyDelete