Saturday, April 9, 2011

Figuring out the Ovulation Period....



So at my pap appointment my doctor schooled Ed and I on ovulation.  I've read about it many times and obviously know what it's all about but never totally fully understood how to figure out MY date.  My doctor drew a little number line for us....I redrew it and here's a photo...




I love my doctor because he's always so good at explaining things to me!  Basically there is always 14 days between the day you ovulate and the day you get your period.  If I chart my period for a couple of months I simply just have to count back 14 days from when my period starts to figure out the day I ovulate (and to be safe give or take 2 days).  The only thing he told me that might throw this off is if one's periods are irregular.  I'm hoping that they're not as irregular as I think they are because I've honestly never charted it in my life so I just really 'think' they are since I never know when I get them and perhaps because I don't get the aches and pains of it UNTIL I get it.  So yes that's the super fast 101 of ovulating HAHAHA


I've already started counting back and kind of have an idea which days it is but like I said in my last post I'm going to have to wait for my next cycle and hope that it's about the same day as last month!  

No comments:

Post a Comment