Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day as a Mommy!

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I got to celebrate it as a mother for the very first time! Evie (we call Evelyn 'Evie' pronounced 'eh-vee') turned 2 weeks old and my Mommy (aka grandma) got her a new Mother's Day dress!!!  We had brunch at my Mommy's house and then we went to my parent's church...the church I grew up at.  Afterwards we had dinner at my Mommy...my siblings cooked while we napped!!! 
It was a pretty relaxing day...food was cooked for me and I got gifts!!! My siblings got me cards (one from them and one from my Tobey) and a spa gift certificate that I CANNOT wait to use in about a month when I'm fully healed from my surgery!!!  My hubby and baby got me a diamond ring...it looks EXACTLY like my wedding band and will go on the other side of my engagement ring! I call it the Evie ring!! It hasn't arrived yet since I'm a size 3.5 but I can't wait to start wearing it....hopefully in about a week!!!!  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 
to all my Mommy followers!!!!!! Hope your day was FANTABULOUS like mine was!!!

Me and my Mother's Day gifts!!! The flowers were bought by my hubby
and I for MY Mommy!!!
3 generations....my Mommy, me and my baby girl!
My beautiful baby girl in her very pretty Mother's Day dress!!
Here's a photo of our wedding rings...the top one is my wedding band...which is being
replicated so I can wear it on the other side my of my engagement ring to signify our baby!
I actually started my Mother's Day celebrations the day before...so I kind of had a Mother's Day WEEKEND if you will!! I have these 2 friends (mother-daughter duo) who plan THE best tea parties ever and they planned/hosted one the day before Mother's Day!  It was MUCH needed girl time for me and it was great for all the ladies to get to meet my baby girl too!!!!  

Isn't the set up just LOVELY??
My table with 4 other WONDERFUL ladies!
The Mommy/Grandma hostess meeting my baby girl for the very first time!
The Daughter/New Mommy hostess and her 2 month old baby boy!!
Me and my baby girl....all dressed up in a cupcake outfit with an awesome Tutu!!
Daddy dropped us off and picked us up....family photo-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment