Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Evelyn: 1 Month Old!!!

Happy 1 Month Evie!! Mommy and Daddy loves you so much!!!
I cannot believe that my baby girl is already 1 month old today!!!! When I was told the 'time flies when you have a baby' I didn't think it'd be THIS FAST!!!!!!  I'm totally feeling indifferent today! Sad that time is going by so fast and that she's growing up so fast....but happy that she's healthy and growing like a normal baby should! 

This past month has taught me a lot...about myself and the people I have in my life.  I am SO blessed...beyond what I had ever known.  I knew I had great people in my life but BOY I didn't realize I had THAT many great people who cared about me.  ALL my friends and family have been so supportive and generous (with their time and gifts) that I cannot even begin to thank them all enough.  I've been getting gifts and visits left, right and centre from almost EVERYONE I know!! 

God has taught me to simply just have faith.  Trusting Him has been a life-long struggle for me since I'm such a control freak but somehow God has put me in positions where I had no other choice but to trust Him and I'm SO grateful for that.  I would seriously go INSANE if I didn't have Him to lean on and depend on. 

Even though I'm so sleep deprived and mentally/physically exhausted, I am having the time of my life!!! I knew life would be different but I didn't know that it would be different THIS way.  It's not that I feel like a lot has changed (even though it has) but I just feel like I've grown as a person so much more.  I'm no longer #1 in my life...my baby girl is.  But at the same time I know that because I love my daughter so much and want the best for her, I need to make sure I take good care of myself too.  Everything I do now really is for HER.  And I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING!!!

Evie at 1 month can...
~Smile...but not on command...just sporadically
~Lift her head up when she's propped up on my shoulder
~Kick her feet and swing her arms randomly
~Turn her head left to right
~Make an'O' with her lips

Can't wait to see what else is in store this coming month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment