Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Transportation!!

So as I mentioned in a previous blog, we've decided which stroller, car seat and baby carriers to get! Here are my reviews on our choices....perhaps I'll be helping someone out there researching??
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Sip Car Seat
We decided on this particular car seat mainly because it was compatible with most strollers that we were looking at.  Although Peg Perego does have it's own line of strollers, Ed and I were looking for a 3 wheeler with more jogging and special terrain capabilities.  I personally liked this car seat because it also had the easy-pull tightening along with multiple safety features for the buckles.  Most other car seats have buckles where kids would be able to play with and open but this one's more child proof.  The car seat also adjusts to the child's side by sliding a button on the backside which in turns slides the head piece of the cushion inside the car seat up and down making more room for growth!  Lastly, I liked the Peg Perego car seats because I thought they were pretty stylish too...they got quite a few different fabrics to choose from!
Bob Revolution CE Stroller
Ed and I chose this stroller because we were looking for a 3 wheeler.  Obviously, there are other 3 wheeler strollers out there but after testing out (the store we went to allowed their customers to test out any strollers by putting weights inside them and strolling around the store and to take them out to their cars too to see if the can get it into the car in and out easily) a few in the same price range as the Bob, we decided that this one had the best handling and weight.  It was really important for us to get a stroller that was super light weight and easy to collapse seeing that I'm so tiny and if Ed was not with me during the day I needed to be able to get it in and out of the car myself.  The only thing I didn't like about this stroller was that the hood didn't open down...meaning if I was pushing it and wanted to see my kid, the only way is through a window....the hood didn't push down away from me if I was standing behind it.  I was annoyed with this because I thought it was important to be able to see my baby but it turns out the Peg Perego car seat faces the person pushing it anyways...it's not until the child is old enough to actually SIT in it that they will be facing away....so that didn't end up being a problem! We also liked this stroller because it would be it's perfect for running and would be great on rocky terrain (we like to go for walks but not like crazy hikes...the lake we go to has a few patches of rocky stuff so a typical 4 wheeler would have sucked for that).  And again lastly, the style of it is pretty cool. We actually learned about the Bob because we kept seeing it at the mall or at the parks and thought it was a nice looking stroller! We still haven't decided whether to get the city or sports edition...it's a $10 difference...but the sports edition has bigger wheels and they do not come in aluminium spokes.  The city one (pictured above) has smaller wheels and aluminum spokes....a bit nicer looking and sleeker too.
Baby K'Tan Positions
Baby K'Tan Breeze Baby Carrier
We had a hard time choosing a baby carrier. This was mostly because I'm so tiny.  The Baby Bjourn ones are great but because they're made to size...even the XS was realllllly huge on me.  I also found those kinds of carriers uncomfortable and chunky.  We're opting for a cloth carrier because it's light weight, easily adjustable for me and also easy to pack (you can throw it into your diaper bag!).  The store we tried them on did mention that we won't need one RIGHT away so perhaps bringing the baby in after it's born and then trying them out would be a better idea.  We plan on doing this but for now...cloth carriers are what we're leaning towards.


Oh and we'd also be getting everything in BLACK....just easier with cleanliness and gender if we ever have a boy later on....don't want to invest in a pink stroller and have to use it later LOL!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daisy, yep, you'll have time to pick out a carrier after Evelyn is born. We didn't start using a carrier with Alena till she was 5 weeks old. Before that, she didn't fuss as much so we didn't have to keep her with us all the time.

    ReplyDelete