Sunday, January 29, 2012

26th Week Update and Belly Pic!

Can you believe I'm 6.5 months already???? CRAZY!!!

Symptoms: About 1 or 2 days a week I totally feel my belly stretching and baby growing.  I'm pretty tired at the end of those days but most of the time I'm the same old me!
Mood: Tired at times but otherwise the same as before! I'm just getting more and more excited as the weeks go by!!
Cravings: I think I can officially say I crave sweets!  I'm usually more of a sodium girl.  I'd crave chips before chocolate.  But lately I realllllllly want sweets!! This kind of sucks because at this point of my pregnancy I need to watch how much sweets I eat so I don't become diabetic! 
Bump Measurement: 34.75 inches...I grew .75 inches!! CRAZY!!
Weight: 103 lbs! Gained 2 lbs!!!! I guess the weight will start coming on now....I think it's safe to say I'll average 1 lb. a week-ish???  I've gained 18 lbs since we found out we were expecting!!!
26 weeks....6.5 months!!!!! 3.5 more to go!!!  
week 3 vs 26 weeks!!!!
Speaking of diabetes...I had my monthly doctor visit this Tuesday and got my slip to go get my pregnancy diabetes test...the one where I'll have to drink that orange syrup.  I'll be going in February 11th bright and early because you need to fast before the test so I figured I could just roll out of bed and get there (the test is 2 hours) and then go out for a big brunch afterwards.  I've heard SO many horrible things about this syrup but when people describe it to me they say it's like drinking realllly thick orange pop...I'm not worried.  I LOVE orange pop and I'm totally sure that as a Chinese person, I've had to down worse things before (I'm talking about those horrible black bitter gross concoctions that grandma and mom would brew for me to drink when I was little and sick). So I'm not worried...in fact I'm kind of looking forward to it because it's another milestone...AND I'll be in my 3rd trimester by then!!!!


Oh and next weekend I'll be picking up our bedding...can't wait to finally have it in our possession and to go pick out wall colours!!! Our tenants are moving out mid February so as soon as they're gone we will have an extra room downstairs to start moving things around so we can get the nursery emptied out and painted!!! I CANNOT wait to get this nursery started!!!! I think I'm going to wait until it's painted and the furniture is in before I post....and then I'll do another post on decorating!!!


*Dont' forget to get in on our baby poll if you haven't already!! Link is on the right side bar of my blog!!!!!!*  

4 comments:

  1. Feb 11th is my daughters 4th b-day! The drink wasn't that bad. It like a really really really sweet orange pop. It was more the consistency of pop then syrup. You'll do fine, I have never heard of anyone puking afterwards. I am so excited to see your baby room :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the drink tastes like the old Mcdonald's orange drink...just carbonated... it didn't taste too bad on it's own..if you like carbonation! I don't EVER drink pop, so it was pretty horrible. And having to chug it in like 5 minutes made me gag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was disgusting! It wasn't so much carbonated as it had that sharp taste to it, like a really cheap orange "juice". I didn't puke, but it made the baby go NUTS! All I could do after was go home and sleep as I had a major sugar crash. I thought I wanted to scarf down food, but all I could really eat was a banana. It was a weird day, lol. Bring a book :)

    ReplyDelete