Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!


***DISCLAIMER - Please do NOT post anything about this on my Facebook/Twitter (or anywhere else) if you are my friend on there.  This is TOP secret until I announce it publicly in about 2 weeks!!!!!***
------------------
~ Monday, August 22, 2012 ~
I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe I'm typing this entry right now!! Today is Monday, August 22, 2011 and I  had just taken 4 pregnancy tests...ALL saying I'm pregnant!! I'm shaking and in shock right now!!!  Poor Ed has an exam tomorrow so he's too busy with that to even think about this right now....he HAS to do good and I'm kinda worried that this will add more stress on him because I know he's thinking 'CRAP now I HAVE to pass this course!!'  But he IS happy HAHAHA I went out straight away and got a little onesie to hang in his office so he can stare at it while he studied HAHA
I went out and bought this cute onesie for Ed the day I found out!
So here's how it all went down....
I took a test on Friday (today is Monday) and it was negative.  Actually, I had been taking tests all week last week and they were all negatives so I thought I'm probably not pregnant.  The last few days I had been SO TIRED.  I slept a LOT!!!  I just thought this was because my period was coming which is not unusual!  Today was day 42 since my last period and this is the longest of my cycles (I've had 42 day cycles before) so I was thinking my period will either be today or tomorrow.  I was talking to my friend Stacie on Facebook chat and she was like 'Just go take a test today!' so I waited a bit since I just peed and didn't test.  Ed came home from school at around 1 and I had already eaten. So while Ed ate I decided to go take another test.  I peed on the stick and left it in the bathroom and went on to do other stuff.  About 10 mins later I went to check on it and there was a VERY...and I mean VERY faint second line.  I knew that ANY second line meant that I was pregnant so I kind of ignored it and decided to test again with a DIGITAL test (the ones that say PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT) so I can be sure.  Sure enough...it said PREGNANT and I went SCREAMING running to Ed waving my stick.  His eyes popped so big and we were just both in shock!!!  First thing he said was 'MY SUPER SPERMS WORKED!' HAHA

Right afterwards I started thinking about who we were going to tell first and in what order.  Obviously my parents were the first and probably my siblings...since they're all in the same house.
I went out to get groceries and picked up a card that said 'Congratulations on your Grandchild' and also a picture frame that said 'Grandkids are the joys of life'.  Ed wrote 'Grandpa and Grandma Wu' on the front of the envelope and inside the card he wrote 'little Wu's are coming' (even though our last name is Go HAHA).  We went over to my parents house and thank goodness everyone was there.  Ed handed my mom the card and frame (my dad was taking a nap) and like any mom's her age she had to hold the card far away to read it and was confused for like half a second.  I screamed 'I'm pregnant' and we all screamed.  My sister Clara was there too so she witnessed the whole thing.  I swear Tobey knew what was going on because he went over to where my dad was sleeping and started growling at him and then jumped up onto him waking him up HAHA My little sister Wanda and her boyfriend Chris were just heading in the door and my brother Neil came upstairs just in time for my dad to read the card.  A HUGE smile was on his face!!!  

As for Ed's parents...we are waiting until the weekend (September 3rd) to tell them....reasons for the wait....we really just don't know how they will react and also it's his Mom's birthday dinner night so we figure it'd be a good time to break the news.  I'll update you all on this once it's done!

  Then I'd call my BFF Mandy but she didn't pick up so I left like 3 messages.  Next I called my really good friends Grace and Amy.  Right afterwards Mandy called back and I broke the news to her. Next was Stacie but she was planning on coming over the next day already so I decided to wait and tell her in person (we jumped up and down and cried in disbelief that we are going to be PREGNANT AT THE SAME TIME and that we're only a month apart! Could not have been better timing!) It was so fun and exciting telling my closest girlfriends!!!

Anyways.....the last few days before I found out, I slept a LOT....now I know why HAHA I had been SOO sleepy and lethargic and just wanting to sleep sleep and sleep.  No morning sicknesses so far (YAY!!)...I've just been really sore and my boobs hurt a LOT.  I also have been SUPER HUNGRY which is no surprise because normally I eat a LOT for my size.  I am eating SO SO SO much.  I'm also going pee a LOT too!  I'm SO excited!!! That was pretty much our first try!!!!!!!!  We're fertile for SURE!  Technically the 1st try back in June didn't totally count because I had thought that when the ovulation strip spiked it meant I was pregnant RIGHT THEN AND THERE.  I found out later that it actually meant I WILL BE ovulating in the next 24-36 hours.  So we totally missed it.  I feel SO blessed that we didn't have to wait to get pregnant and that it happened right away for us.  This is REALLY a blessing because I KNOW that this is not the case for most couples.  In NO WAY am I taking it for granted!!  

It was really funny because 2 days before we found out we attended a wedding (on Saturday) and I'm not kidding you...left, right and centre all these people from our old church were coming up to us asking if we were pregnant yet.  Not even if we want kids but straight up if we were pregnant.  I'm SO SO SO glad we didn't know we were at the time!!!!!  It would have been SO awkward because we wouldn't want people to know but didn't want to say we weren't either.  
--------------
~ September 1st, 2012 I am 7 weeks and 2 days! ~
So the baby's due date should be April 17 2012 (I'll know for sure after my first ultrasound next week)!  SPRING BABY just like I wanted!!!!  And it's PERFECT because Easter is on the first week so I will be able to start my maternity leave from work right after Easter Break! And I'm hoping I can go back to work September 2013 rather than after Easter 2013 but we'll see!!! My first visit to the doctor will be on Sept. 6th and my first ultrasound will be two days after that on Sept 8th!! I'm currently in my 7th week (Tuesdays are the beginning of my weeks) and already I'm noticing big changes!  Check out belly pics in my upcoming weekly blog updates (I'll have one tomorrow updating the last 2 weeks since I've known). We'll also get to know the baby's sex sometime during the first 2 weeks of December!!




So excited!!  Here's the very first belly pic I took right after we found out!!!  Totally nothing to see yet but I HAD to do it!!! YAY!! Finally it's MY turn!!! *Can you see Tobey looking at me in the pic on the left?? HAHA*




I took one myself first but figured it was hard
plus the lighting in the bathroom sucked!!
So I asked Ed to take it in the bedroom...much better!
I'll be doing this exact pose in this exact spot once
a week for the next 30-something weeks!!!



***DISCLAIMER - Please do NOT post anything about this on my Facebook/Twitter (or anywhere else) if you are my friend on there.  This is TOP secret until I announce it publicly in about 2 weeks!!!!!***

10 comments:

  1. YAHOO!!! CONGRATS to you and Ed! So excited for you and am so happy that it happened for you so fast! Can't wait to read all the updates as you go through this most amazing experience of life. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!!!! I have SOOO many things to post in the next few days!!! Stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting for this POST!!!! I am so excited for your ultrasound!! Don't forget to watch Riding in Cars with Boys with Stacie! LOL sooo going to be you two

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have totally been thinking you were! You hadn't posted lately! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!!!!! I'm SUPER DUPER excited and over the moon!!!!!

    Jamie HAHAHA We will!!!!!
    Ashley it was SO hard not to post anything until today!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I can post about it HERE at least!! Can't wait til I get to tell the world after my ultrasound!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyy once again! looking forward to all the belly pictures ..esp as you swell up like a balloon! you know i mean that lovingly :p so excitingggg gahs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!! Yay, so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to you two!! i'll be praying for your littl'un! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation Good Post
    Thank you very much
    Plan your Pregnancy as you like with Ovulation Kit now you can choose your time and date of pregnancy

    ReplyDelete