Thursday, March 3, 2011

What to Expect Before Expecting

So most mom-to-be's that I know read tons of books on the topic to prep themselves for all that's to come.  I started with this....



It was a really easy read!  I got to skip quite a bit because there was a whole chapter on 'losing weight' (I'm 90 pounds!) and the 'gaining weight' chapter...well it was more like a paragraph.  I also skipped the 'quit smoking' chapter which was pretty long.  It even had random boxes throughout the book that are meant for the dad-to-be to read...these boxes in greyscale.  I'll be getting Ed to read them all...and it's an even easier read for him! 

Well after reading this book I have made a list of things I need to do BEFORE I get pregnant:

-Pap smear....NOT looking forward to it...I've NEVER had one in my life!
-Dental check...apparently the health of your gums is important for your pregnancy!
-Start taking Materna....my doctor told me to get on Folic Acid when I stopped taking bcp last summer so I don't need to start that.
-Start charting my ovulation cycle.
-Start eating breakfast...I'm a breakfast skipper....so Quaker Oats here I come!
-Eat more veggies and fruits.
-Ease off alcohol (wine) and caffeine (tea).....I might as well weaning myself off these since I won't be able to have any when I'm pregnant.  I normally have at least 2 cups of tea a day and a glass of wine every night.  Morning and night caps no more!

So many things to do just to PREPARE for pregnancy!! At least I'll be prepared =D

2 comments:

  1. I have only been for one pap in my life and that was the month we started to try - June 2007. I am WAY overdue for one. They aren't actually that bad... it's uncomfortable, but it's fast!!! We'll chat more tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a 'like' button for this!! HAHA Had fun last night! We'll chat about THIS next time HAHA

    ReplyDelete