Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pre-conception vitamins galore!


I went out to London Drugs after work today and picked up a bottle of Materna (along with eye cream and eye make-up remover)!  Just took my first pill along with my Folic Acid (I've been on this since summer).  I was reading the label for Materna and and pleased that I'll be getting more vitamins in me....baby or not!  I love how the pill is pink hehe.


After getting my beauty supplies and my new pills, I realized I had walked into the baby aisle.  I think I spent a whole 15 mins there looking at all the cool baby stuff.  There was a very small selection of baby clothes and tons of daily living things such as bottles, toys, bibs, diapers and utensils.  It was interesting because I found that a lot of the baby toys (chew toys and rattle type toys) were very similar to dog toys HAHA  Everything was so cute!  I was even tempted to buy a few things but held back because really when I DO get pregnant and have a baby I think almost everything will be bought for me HAHAHA  I started thinking about the big ticket items like the crib, bedroom sets (changing table, dressers and rocking chair), stroller and high chair.  I think half of those things will be bought for us by our parents and the rest....well I can start asking my friends for gift certificates to Toys R Us as my Christmas and Birthday gifts from now on HAHAHAHA  Anyways being in the baby aisle really got me excited.  I used to always go into kids clothing stores and check out the stuff they have there, especially during special holidays such as Christmas (the Christmas dresses are so cute!), Halloween (there were  a few times I was really tempted to stash some cute costumes away for the future) and Summertime (teeny tiny bikinis!).  It will be so fun and exciting to be able to buy things later on!


I never really thought much about MATERNITY clothes until last month when I was at H&M.  Right in the kids section, beside the cash desk there is a maternity line.  They had a few mannequins with pretty nice outfits on!  One that caught my eye was this red wrap dress that was so gorgeous.  The baby bump on the mannequin wasn't too big...probably 4-5 months along.  I wonder how big I'll get when I get pregnant!!!


Eeek so many things to be excited about!!!  

2 comments:

  1. hey my sister-in-law warned me about this - too much folic acid leads to increased risk of cancer. she said not to take folic acid too many months ahead of conceiving. anyway, there's a few articles on the globe and mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/new-health/conditions/cancer/other-cancers/too-much-folic-acid-a-cancer-risk/article1904728/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I totally didn't know that!! My doctor told me that if I were to take Folic Acid AND Materna together it still isn't enough to harm you but that taking too much isn't good.

    ReplyDelete