Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My relationship with Aunt Flo....


So right now it's Spring Break week so I don't have work all week!!! And guess who decides to come for a visit bright and early Monday morning??  Dearest Aunt Flo of course!! Normally she comes nice and quietly and doesn't really do anything to bother my routine but not this Monday!  I was sleeping in of course and at around 9:30am I was woken up by THE most excruciating pain in my uterus area I've ever felt.


I've had really bad cramps before when I was a teenager, before my doctor put me on birth control pills (bcp).  He decided it was a good idea because my periods were very irregular and sometimes they were only 2 weeks apart.  Oh and did I mention REALLY heavy????  I'm a really tiny person so of course he was worried about iron deficiency (which my mommy has) so on the pill I went at age 15.  I went off bcp's this past summer because Ed and I talked about trying the next year.  I decided I didn't want to pay for them anymore and that I'd let my body cleanse itself of them. But since then every month when Aunt Flo has come the pain has been getting worse and worse.


Back to Monday.....
The pain WOKE me up.  It lasted for a little over 30 mins.  About 5 mins into the pain I called my mom and my sister answered. It was so painful I was practically crying and screaming.  My 2 sisters and my mommy (who live an 8 mins drive away) came over right away with a hot water bag ready to take me to the ER.  Thankfully by the time they got here the pain had started to go away. I grabbed the hot water bag and threw it onto my belly and fell asleep for 2 hours.  I've never felt such pain.  It  wasn't throbbing....it lasted consistently until it started to go away.  I was totally sweating but completely freezing cold.  I'm personally surprised I didn't pass out.


Now it's Wednesday and Aunt Flo is still here, heavy and all.  I'm very uncomfortable and super tired.  I hope she leaves soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment