Tuesday, November 15, 2011

First OB Visit!!!!



So we finally had our first OB appointment today!!! It went great!!!!  We waited almost an hour before we got to go in...but that's pretty usual for doctor's offices I suppose.  The doctor weighed me right away and I was 92.5 lbs according to THEIR scale...I'm 91 lbs according to mine LOL.  She also asked me to pee in a cup but I had just gone to the bathroom before I got called in so we skipped that this appointment.  She asked Ed and I a bunch of questions...such as whether or not this was my first pregnancy (it is) and what my ethnicity was (Chinese).  Just a bunch of questions that are totally normal. 


 Then she went over my due date.  She asked me when my last period was (July 12th) and took out this chart and told me I SHOULD be due on April 20th.  She then went over my first ultrasound results and told me that they had dated my baby at 6 weeks (back in September) so that would make my due date May 4th. BUT, she said that the ultrasound came back as inconclusive (meaning they were not 100% sure about my due date) so we'll know better after my NEXT ultrasound (Dec 23rd).  So ya...my due date is still kind of up in the air but it's safe to say that the baby will arrive mid April to early May.  


The fun part was last! She took out the Doppler and got me to lie down.  She felt my tummy and right away said 'Ooo I feel your uterus!' and squirted the blue gel stuff on my belly.  As soon as she scanned my tummy the baby's heartbeat was obvious.  It was such a beautiful sound!!! I asked right away if could record it and she said yes.  So Ed took out my phone right away and I recorded a good 15 seconds of it.  


That was pretty much it!! I must say the receptionist was SUPER friendly and nice! Totally not like most receptionist I've encountered in my life (bitchy.....).  I've booked my next OB appointment for December 20th and this time it will be a physical meaning a pap smear and such...NOT looking forward to it!!! But December 23rd is our next ultrasound so I can't wait!!!!!!  


Here's our baby's heartbeat!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just for the record, I think it is so awesome that you are blogging every step of this part of your life! I know that when you go back and read your posts, you are just going to love every single one of them. Maybe you should consider printing these out and making them into a scrapbook! :)

    Oh and yes, super excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww you got to hear the heartbeat! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo exciting! Makes me miss being pregnant, just a little bit!

    Get used to being poked and prodded... I was just saying to my SIL the other day, that pregnancy rids you of all modesty...just wait until your 36 week exam... that's the fun one!

    Can't wait to find out boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. it IS a very beautiful sound.. Do you listen to it before you go to sleep every night? ;)
    So excited for you! It's awesome that you've invited all your readers to be a part of this adventure!

    ReplyDelete