Sunday, May 8, 2011

We Want Grandkids!


My Mother's Day weekend was a 2-day event.  Saturday I took my Mommy to The Fort Wine Co. in Fort Langley and we had a great time, just the 2 of us, drinking wine and munching on cheese and crackers!  We talked a lot about me having kids soon (I also went to a baby shower right before our visit).  Sunday was dinner with Ed's family and we brought a cake that had a little plastic 'Happy Mother's Day' sign it.  After dinner and cake Ed's dad slid the little plastic sign over to me and said in his Chinese accent 'I hope you are a mother soon!'.  

This was HUGE. 

Up til now Ed's parents have NEVER mentioned grandkids or us having kids.  I was really happy about this because as you all know, we're planning on starting to try next month!  We haven't really told his side of the family much about our plans because we figure we'll just wait until we ARE pregnant before giving them any ideas HAHA But now we both just can't wait!

Yes it's official....our parents are craving grandkids.  YAY!

1 comment: