Sunday, March 11, 2012

32nd Week Update and Belly Pic!

Symptoms: TONS of Braxton Hicks!!!!  
Mood: Tired...again
Cravings: Not too much!
Bump Measurement: 37.5 inches....holy 1 inch gain??!!  
Weight: 110lbs....no gain...weird...
8 months!!!!!!!
week 3 vs week 32!!!!
I can't believe I'm 8 months now!!!! Only 2 more months to go (hopefully less!).  People keep asking me why I hope my due date will be sooner than it is....2 reasons....
1) When I first found out I was pregnant my doctor calculated that my due date would be April 17th (which would have made me 34.5 weeks pregnant now) but after our first ultrasound we were given May 4th as the official due date.  But to me it just doesn't totally make sense?  I'd get it if the due dates were like a week apart but 2.5 weeks?? That's more than half a month!  That's why since then I have thought my due date to be more along the lines of the last week of April...rather than the first week of May.  
2) Mother's Day is May 13th this year. There's nothing I'd love more to have my baby the last week of April and a good 2 weeks to rest up/heal/adjust before my first Mother's Day.  It'd be so nice to be able to go out for lunch with MY mom AND my baby girl for Mother's Day this year.  Plus I don't want to share Mother's Day with my daughter's birthday every year LOL


We started our prenatal classes today!!!! It's 1 of 2 classes (next and last class is next week).  It was amazing!!! We're taking our class through Birth Transitions.  We learned all about the stages of labour and what exactly goes on during all that time.  It's so nice to KNOW what will be happening.  I think it actually makes me less scared going in.  I mean, yes it'll be painful, but at least I now have milestones to look forward to and I'll know I'm that much closer to meeting my baby girl!! On the other hand...poor Ed LOL.  We watched 3 birthing videos throughout the day and the first one that was on he was TOTALLY in shock and clenching.  I had to comfort him telling HIM that it's ok HAHA.  He totally left class feeling VERY appreciative of what I'm going to be going through and I think him going through that will help him be a great support when the time comes.  We have been talking a LOT about how I want the room/my environment to be when I'm in labour.  I'm so excited!


We also will be having our hospital visit/registration in a couple of days too! The 'real' stuff are finally happening and I think after this month (my last monthly doctor visits, baby shower is in the next few weeks and not to mention the nursery will be pretty much complete AND everyone I know who are pregnant and due before me will be having their babies...if they haven't already!!) it will REALLLLLLY sink in that baby is set to arrive soon!  I'm getting more and more excited as the weeks fly by!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Each labour is totally different. I never had milestones, my labours were so fast I went from fine to most intense pain for an hour then birth in 10 minutes, dilated from 1-10 in 30 minutes. Haha to say the least the prenatal classes weren't for me. If things don't happen like they are suppose to its ok everyone is different, so excited to see your baby girl! :D

    ReplyDelete