Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Evie's Music Repertoire!


So music has been a huge part of my life.  I LOVE music.  I listen to pretty much every genre...pop, hip-hop, country, rap, rock, jazz, classical, instrumentals, Christian....all types!  My dad asked me a few weeks ago if I played classical music for Evie to listen to and to my surprise...I said NO.  I actually hadn't played any music since she came home because I was worried it'd be noisy for her during naps.  I thought about it some more and wondered why I did that.  I realized that I had been going about it all wrong!! If anything I SHOULD be playing more music/keeping noise level up because I want her to be able to nap/relax even when there is noise around....not just when it's quiet.  Imagine trying to bring your baby out to the mall or wherever and having them scream because it's too 'noisy'.  Also, when baby was in my belly, it was never quiet!! I worked in a grades 1/2 classroom and boy was it NOT quiet.  My days were filled with kids' chatter and when I was driving to and from work everyday I would play my music like normal....loud with me singing over it LOL.  So I decided to play music every single day...all day!  

It's been really fun choosing music to listen to everyday.  
I'm SO glad I have a big collection of CDS...see...
It's also nice that there are music channels on TV now too so if I'm up for something random I can choose a genre and play that station.  

So far Evie's daily music listening sessions have included...
~Classical music...Beethoven, Bach, Chopin...the classics
~Michael Buble...I have all his CDs and play them one after another...minus the Christmas ones!
 ~Carrie Underwood...love her!!
~Taylor Swift...love her too!!
~Disney Princesses CD my mother-in-law got Evie...not sure who enjoys it more...me or Eve?? 
~Random Pop songs from the Pop Channel on TV
~Starfield...one of my favourite Christian bands
~Backstreet Boys...umm need I say more???
~Mariah Carey...ALL of her CDs...currently we're still working through all 13 of her cds (not including her 2 Christmas ones)

There's still so many other artists/songs that I want Evie to listen to...classics from MY generation...Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, Shania Twain and N'Sync just to name a few!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment