Saturday, September 29, 2012

Evelyn: 5 Months Old!!!

My baby is 5 Months Old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe Evie will be half a year old in another month....SERIOUSLY??!! I need to start thinking about her 1 year old birthday party already....for real! 

Evie's been doing great on formula....totally the RIGHT choice! She's growing and gaining weight and is not longer just in the 10th percentile (what she was when breastfed).  She's hitting the 50th percentile for both weight and height so everything is growing along just fine! We haven't tried solids again since last month (she CRIED cuz she thought it was medicine...which she had to take when she gave me Thrush during 3 months and she HATED it so she thought it was more meds).  I think we'll give it a try this month since she's been doing the 'chewing' movements with her mouth all the time. 

Teething?? I think she's definitely in the beginning stages!! She's putting her fingers in her mouth like no tomorrow and drooling more than ever before...but not crazy slobber yet.  We'll see where month 5 has in store for this!! 

Evie at 5 months can...
~Smile and laugh with AND at you!!!! 
~Sit up in my lap when I 'hug' her!
~Kick, kick and KICK!! She still loves kicking!!! Still rubbing her feet together tons...I hate that she does it cuz her nails scratches her toes!
~Babble like no tomorrow! She makes long sounds and sounds like a cat a lot LOL
~Suck on her fist and fingers (her INDEX finger is her favourite) and reach out and grab onto things on purpose!
~Recognize strangers....yup she's started a little bit of stranger anxiety! 
~Roll, roll and ROLL!! She'll pretty much automatically roll onto her tummy and stay in that position when you put her down on her back...which means she's SLEEPING on her tummy now too!
~Recognize when we're talking to her....and when we call her name! 
~Sit up in her stroller! No more bassinet!
~Play independently in her exersaucer!
~Play in her Jolly Jumper...and LOVES it!


2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am just Heather! You should message me when you get an opportunity, I own a issue about your weblogcheap rs gold

    ReplyDelete